Offers & tours

1253

THE HISTORY

In the 13th century, the Salzburg cathedral chapter ordered the construction of Mauterndorf Castle at the toll station of the time to protect the market town. The provost of the cathedral Burkhard von Weißpriach and Archbishop Leonhard von Keutschach expanded the castle complex in the 15th century. The latter in particular loved the castle and used it as a summer residence.
Find out more

Events

ONLINE TICKETS - SAVE MONEY

BUY NOW
Important Information:
Mauterndorf Castle is offering visitors unrestricted access to the facility from 29th May. The wearing of a mask or visor covering the mouth and nose is obligatory in all indoor areas.